About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Will Black is a dynamic & charismatic Canadian singer whose songs launch listeners heavenward in their very own classic rock 'n roll rocket! Imagine Bon Jovi vs. Aerosmith with a shot of Springsteen and you're gold ;)

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Happy Victoria Day Weekend!

I hope everyone in Canada has been celebrating their May Two-Four weekend,  lots of great playoff hockey and great weather to be enjoyed!

It's been an unusually long 3 months since the last issue of DISPATCH so let me bring everyone up to date.  I'm currently living in Toronto and slowly getting acclimated to life as a performer in this scene.  After 5 years playing in Bermuda (and before that performing on cruise ships for a few years) it's been a much needed wake-up call to be back in a real city struggling to find gigs and make a living doing what I do.  This transition that I started in March has been a challenge both personally and professionally.  However, I have some acoustic shows coming up over the next few weeks and I'm busy writing again as well – so all is continuing to move forward like it's supposed to.  I'd also like to suggest that if you ever get the opportunity to attend the Landmark Forum – go for it.  You have nothing to lose, and so much to gain.  It was one of the best experiences I've had in recent memory and initiated a lot of great stuff for me.

I'm proud to be participating as a performer in this upcoming weekend's Butterfly of Hope Charity Event in support of “The Weekend To End Women's Cancer” on May 29th in Toronto.  This is a showcase event that will also feature performers Gillian Bones, Emberlight and Jenn Taylor.  Lots of cool doorprizes to be had and it's in support of a great cause, so I'm hoping that my GTA fans will make an effort to come on out and see the show.  I'll be doing a one hour set from about 9 pm to 10 pm on acoustic, accompanied by Jenn Taylor on vocals.  Really looking forward to this show and you can get more info by clicking the following Facebook link or the banner below this post.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3994262&id=9385764805

As you may have noticed in the photo at the top of this post, I was recently running in a road race!  My first one in fact, it was the Mississauga Half Marathon that was held on May 16th and I managed to pull off a 1:54 time which apparently isn't bad at all for a newbie like me.  I was actually sprinting in that shot, but that was because the finish line was only 50m away!  It was a great experience and I couldn't get over the number of people cheering along the race sidelines.  Such positive and encouraging energy directed towards the runners along the whole course.  I may even try to complete a full marathon at the Toronto race in the Fall... we'll see.

I'm also sending out an announcement that after my successful Albanian Birthday Bash House Party experience last month that I am now promoting my solo acoustic show to all of you for house parties, birthdays, etc.  It's simple, you book me for a night of entertainment wherever you are holding your event and I show up with my acoustic guitar and perform.  I charge a modest fee, but in turn you get a very intimate and memorable experience having someone right in the midst of your party entertaining all your guests.  No gear, no fuss – just a rock 'n roll troubadour with his guitar and voice.  I've done many of these over the years and they are consistently successful.  Contact me directly for more info at wb@willblack.com

I've also added a new section to the newsletter - ISSUES.  This will contains links to go back and read any of the past publications of the WILL BLACK DISPATCH.

Enjoy!


Rock on,

Will

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for listening (and reading!)

Thank you for listening (and reading!)
...experience the future of rock 'n roll today.